At our pharmacy, we have found that many people want to take their medicine as directed but don’t because they have trouble taking their prescriptions or they cause intolerable side effects.
Peachtree Pharmacy can help! Our compounding pharmacy prepares customized medications to help people to receive the medications they need and feel better faster. Here are some of the problems that interfere with therapy, and how our compounding pharmacist can help:
- Gastrointestinal upset caused by oral medications: we can usually compound the needed medication into a transdermal gel or cream so that the medication can be absorbed systemically but bypasses the GI tract.
- Bad taste or texture: we can flavor medication in a solution, suspension, lollipop, or lozenge.
- Difficulty swallowing or nothing permitted by mouth: medications can be compounded into dosage forms that are not commercially available, such as a topical/transdermal cream or gel, or a suppository.
- Difficulty breaking tablets or measuring a dose: we can compound medications in the dose that is most appropriate for a specific patient.
- Allergies or sensitivities to dyes, lactose, sugar, alcohol or preservatives: our specially trained pharmacists can compound medications that are free of problem-causing excipients.
Talk to us about your medication challenges. We work together with physicians and other health care professionals and their patients, and customize medications to meet each patient’s unique needs and improve compliance.
©Storey Marketing. All rights reserved.